House fire near St. Joe
The Waterloo, Maeystown and Red Bud fire departments responded about 5:15 p.m. Friday to a house fire at 4026 G Road near LL Road south of St. Joe.
Flames were showing from the residence upon firefighter arrival. Firefighters quickly had the blaze under control, though smoke continued to billow from the house.
A female occupant of the home, Janet Krueger, was transported by Monroe County EMS to an area hospital for treatment of burns sustained in the fire. She is now staying with relatives in the Renault area.
It is believed that a passerby saw smoke billowing from the home and helped the homeowner out of the structure through a window.
Waterloo Fire Chief Aaron Shive said the homeowner replaced a fuse and soon after heard something pop in the wall.
The flames were mostly contained to the kitchen area of the residence, Shive said, with smoke and water damage sustained in other portions.