House fire extinguished quickly in Waterloo

Pictured is the site of Thursday’s fire call in Waterloo, 311 S. Church Street.

Waterloo police and fire department personnel were assisted by Monroe County EMS in handling a fire reported inside a structure at 311 South Church Street about 10:40 a.m. Thursday.

The older home is divided into multiple apartment living spaces.

It appears that the fire originated from a water heater inside the building, but a responding police officer was able to use a fire extinguisher to put out the fire. No injuries were reported and damage appears minimal in nature.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email