Sunday blaze damages Dupo home

Firefighters work the scene of a structure fire on Muskopf Lane in Dupo on Sunday evening. (Corey Saathoff photo)

The Dupo Fire Department received assistance from Columbia and Prairie du Pont firefighters in handling a blaze that appears to have severely damaged a home at 1413 Muskopf Place in Dupo on Sunday evening.

The call came in around 7 p.m. Flames were seen shooting several feet from the structure upon firefighter arrival.

Firefighters work to extinguish a house fire on Muskopf Place in Dupo on Sunday evening. (Corey Saathoff photo)

The residence appeared to have incurred extensive fire damage in the front, with smoke, heat and water damage throughout the rest of the home.

The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical, originating in the bedroom area.

“We all got out and are OK,” Caroline Hulsey posted on the Republic-Times page on Facebook. She was visiting the female homeowner, who is listed as Iris Williams, when the fire started. “Only one room (was) severely damaged. Rest is smoke and water.”

Dupo Fire Chief Kurt Johnson told the paper that Williams and Hulsey were the only two inside the home at the time. They smelled something burning, he said, and quickly noticed that the bedroom was on fire. 

Williams was transported to St. Anthony’s Medical Center in St. Louis to be checked out for possible smoke inhalation, the fire chief said.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email