House fire in Waterloo

4235

The Waterloo Fire Department responded about 5:10 p.m. Tuesday to a structure fire at 711 S. Library Street in Waterloo.

Smoke was reportedly seen seeping from the garage, with flames later reported to be showing on one of the walls.

People were inside the structure when the fire was called in, but all exited safely.

Firefighters had the incident under control before 5:40 p.m., with officials remaining on scene to investigate how the fire started.

“It started with the fireplace,” Waterloo Assistant Fire Chief Mike Lloyd said. “(It’s) undetermined what caused the wall to catch fire. We were able to keep it contained to one corner of the living room and stopped it before it got into the attic.”

Other than the fireplace damage, Lloyd there was some smoke and water damage inside the home. 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email