Fentanyl overdose in Waterloo

2013

Monroe County EMS and police responded shortly before 4:15 p.m. Saturday to a home in the 200 block of Country Club Lane in Waterloo for the report of an unresponsive 24-year-old male due to a suspected overdose of fentanyl.

CPR was being performed prior to emergency responder arrival, per Monroe County public safety radio dispatch.

Narcan, a medication used to block the effects of opioids, was also used on the patient, who was revived and transported to an area hospital.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email