Chimney fire near Fults

The Maeystown Fire Department responded about 1:45 a.m. Friday to a chimney fire reported inside a home in the area of 3400 Sutterville Road near Fults.

Upon firefighter arrival, the homeowner had been able to extinguish much of the fire and removed wood from the fire place. There was some smoke inside the home as a result of the incident.

Firefighters remained on scene to check and determine that no fire remained.  

Print Friendly, PDF & Email


The Republic-Times has been Monroe County's hometown newspaper since 1890. Serving Columbia, Waterloo, Valmeyer, Hecker and every town in between, we strive to provide the news that matters most to you in the timeliest manner possible. For more information on subscribing to the Republic-Times, call 939-3814 or visit the "Subscribe" page on this website.
HTC web