Here is the latest on the novel coronavirus pandemic in Monroe County.
• The county has recorded just five new COVID cases since June 2, putting its overall case total at 4,410.
• Only eight cases are active.
• No residents are hospitalized with the virus.
• The Illinois Department of Public Health reports that Monroe County’s seven-day rolling average test positivity rate was 2 percent on June 5.
• Overall, the Waterloo zip code has had 2,239 COVID-19 cases (28,521 tests performed), the Columbia zip code has had 1,678 cases (12,912 tests), the Valmeyer zip code has had 171 cases (1,172 tests), and the Fults zip code has had 112 cases (728 tests), according to the IDPH.
• The IDPH reports Monroe County has administered 29,718 doses of COVID-19 vaccines. There are 14,753 people fully vaccinated here – meaning 42.97 percent of the county has received all its shots. The Monroe County Health Department is administering vaccines by appointment only. Call 618-939-3871 to schedule an appointment.