Waterloo, Columbia, Red Bud, Maeystown and Valmeyer Fire Departments responded to several active field fires across Mounrow County Saturday into Sunday.
Due to the dry and windy conditions Saturday, multiple field/brush fires and reports of at least one woods fire burned across the area.
Monroe County EMA Director Ryan Weber strongly urged Monroe County residents to refrain from outdoor burning.
Confirmed fire calls:
- Columbia Fire responded to a brush fire on Mule Road Saturday morning.
- Columbia Fire responded early Sunday morning to a call on Gilmore Lake Rd.
- Early Saturday morning, Maeystown Fire reponded to a grass fire on Bushy Prairie Rd.
- Maeystown and Valmeyer Fire responded to a large field fire at 2947 KK Road, near Ahne Rd at 4:15 p.m. The 40-acre fire reportedly started from a burning brush pile.
- Waterloo Fire responded to a field fire Saturday a 10:44 a.m. at 47525 Kaskaskia as a result of outdoor burning.
- At approximately 3:45 p.m. Waterloo Fire Department is responding to 6786 Susewind Lane for a report of a fire in the woods by the property. Reportedly a 5-acre fire.
- Red Bud Fire was dispatched to 3165 Reed Rd for a report of a field fire.
- At 5:20 p.m. Valmeyer fire was called to an area on Bluff road. Nature of the call is unknown at this point…
The Waterloo Fire Department responded about 4 a.m. Sunday to a brush fire that resulted from a campfire in the area of 8323 Meadowfield Drive near Country Club Lane. The fire was extinguished upon firefighter arrival.
Read more in Wednesday’s print edition of the Republic-Times.