WFD called to Walmart

The Waterloo Fire Department responded about 8:20 p.m. Sunday to the report of a burning smell at Walmart, 961 N. Market Street, Waterloo.

There were no visible signs of smoke or fire inside the store, it was reported, and the cause was determined to be an HVAC issue on the roof of the store.

“It wasn’t anything major, one of the (HVAC) units had a burning smell coming from it,” Waterloo Fire Chief Mike Lloyd said. “We just shut down the power to it.” 

A City of Waterloo gas utility crew was also dispatched to the scene after a gas reading was detected on the roof of the building.

“While we were on the roof, the guys did find a small gas leak to another heating unit,” Lloyd said.

No injuries were reported in the incident.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Republic-Times

The Republic-Times has been Monroe County's hometown newspaper since 1890. Serving Columbia, Waterloo, Valmeyer, Hecker and every town in between, we strive to provide the news that matters most to you in the timeliest manner possible. For more information on subscribing to the Republic-Times, call 939-3814 or visit the "Subscribe" page on this website.
HTC web
MonroeCountyElectric300X15012_19