Lucille came to Helping Strays when her owner could no longer care for her. This is what we know about this adorable girl:
- Border terrier mix
- Nine years old
- Weighs 34 pounds
- Great watch dog
- Loves to take walks
- Loves car rides
- Loves to sit with her human on the couch
- Friendly and happy
- Good with other dogs and cats
- Does better with older kids, young kids make her nervous with their running around, sudden movements, and toy noises
- Afraid of fireworks, thunder, sudden noises
- Likes to play fetch but won’t bring the ball back
- Knows how to sit and shake
Lucille is microchipped, spayed, and up to date on vaccines.
Some of our pets are in foster care and not located at the shelter. If you are interested in a specific pet, contact the shelter at (618) 939-7389 to arrange a meeting.
To learn about the process of adding a new pet to your family, click here.
To fill out an adoption application on the Helping Strays website, click here.
For more information about how you can help out at Helping Strays, click here.
Helping Strays shelter is located at 4221 Hanover Road, off the west side of Route 3, between Waterloo and Columbia. Their hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, from 2 to 7 p.m.; Saturday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Sunday, from noon to 4 p.m. The shelter is closed Monday. The shelter can be reached at 618-939-7389.